If I’m honest with you, and myself there are days where my mind gets the best of me; days when I question my worth, my gifts, my calling and even my ability to be a wife and mother. And sometimes, those thoughts can be paralyzing. They keep me from accomplishing what I set out to do that day. They keep me paralyzed with fear, worry, and anxiety. And ultimately, they keep me from living my best life, the life that God has blessed me with.
Over the years, I’ve come to realize that there are certain “beliefs” that successful women hold onto, even on the hard days. Certain beliefs that they cling to that help them get through the obstacles and challenges that sometimes, can appear out of nowhere. Beliefs that carry her through as she lives out her best, successful life.
- She believes in her vision, even on the hard days: Oh how I wish there were no hard days, but as you and I both know, the hard days come and sometimes, they can knock us off our feet. But a woman of success doesn’t let those hard days get the best of her because deep down, she has a vision from God that she is clinging to; a vision that has moved her heart and soul. A vision that keeps her feet planted and her mind at ease, even when everything around her is crumbling. What vision has God given you? Make sure to write it out and keep it nearby for those days that the enemy tries to distract you with fear, worry, and anxiety.
- She uses past failures to move forward: All of us have moments in our lives where we just didn’t “make it.” Instead, we fell flat on our face. And it’s in those moments that we can either choose to have them derail us, or push us forward. A successful woman has learned the fine art of seeing those moments as teachable moments; she takes what she learned and moves forward, determined to not make the same mistake again. What have your past failures taught you? How can you use those “lessons” today to live your best life?
- She challenges what’s “popular:” A woman of success isn’t afraid to #BeDifferent. She’s confident and comfortable in her own skin, thoughts, and beliefs. And she’s not about to jump onto the “popular train” for the sake of being a people pleaser. Instead, she has a way of challenging what’s popular for what’s true through her words, actions, and composure. Where are you currently being “challenged?” How can God use the truth that He has given you, to make a difference?
- She’s open to change: Change is inevitable and as much as we would LOVE to stay in our comfort zone, we can’t. If we long to be successful and fulfill the calling, the assignment that God has given us, it’s going to require that we be ok with change. A successful woman views change as an opportunity to learn and grow. Instead of allowing fear to consume her, she sees change for the adventure it is and for the opportunity it’s giving her to be even better. Where in life is God calling you to “change?” Where is God calling you to step out of your comfort zone?
- She doesn’t apologize for investing in herself: A woman of success realizes that there are SO many opportunities for her to learn and grow. She’s never satisfied with staying the same and because of that, she sees the importance of investing in herself. Whether that is through the reading of books, listening to podcasts, attending conferences, workshops, and/or signing up for a training course, personal investment is a must. Are you taking the time to invest in yourself? What can you start doing today to change that?
- She embraces the strengths of other women: A successful woman isn’t intimidated by the strengths and gifts of other women; she doesn’t see them as a threat to her position, title, authority, or calling. Instead, she embraces other women and sees how their gifts, skills, and talents can complement hers while she fulfills that which she has been called to. What other women can you gather around you to help you move forward into the assignment that God has given you?
- She lives within her priorities: A woman of success realizes that in life, there are seasons. And some seasons allow her to be a part of certain things, while other seasons do not. She is fully aware of what her priorities are for this season of life right now and she’s content with that. She’s not trying to be superwoman; she’s not trying to be all things to all people. Instead, she chooses to live life according to her priorities for this season of life. What are your priorities for this season of life?
- She’s grateful: Lastly, a successful woman is grateful. Instead of focusing on what she doesn’t have and what she wants, she focuses on the many blessings that have been poured out upon her. She’s grateful for the big things and the little things, the big moments and the small moments. Gratefulness consumes her life. What 10 things are you grateful for today?
If you find yourself struggling with your mindset, know that you are not alone. I wholeheartedly believe that this is one of the BIG areas that keep so many amazing, strong, mighty and courageous women from fulfilling the assignment that they have been given. Don’t let this be you. Choose today to build the mindset of a successful woman inside of YOU!