Friends, I can’t wait for you to meet Catherine Gates, Executive Director for Women in the Marketplace, a national non-profit that equips working women to confidently pursue their faith and career for the glory of God. Today’s episode is all about cultivating Godly confidence!
In this episode, Catherine and I:
- Discuss the prevalence of self-doubt and negative self-talk that hold women back from stepping into leadership opportunities.
- Explore the issue of women not feeling as confident as men, even when they are equally qualified.
- Differentiate between worldly confidence and Godly confidence and how to cultivate Godly confidence.
- Encourage listeners to dig into Scripture and see the amazing things women in the Bible accomplished, including building cities.
- Share the importance of finding accountability partners and taking care of physical and emotional well-being.
Confidence is a topic that’s often discussed in today’s world. However, seeking confidence from worldly sources will always leave us unsatisfied. Cultivating Godly confidence provides us with the solid foundation we need to move forward, even when we face self-doubt that tries to hold us back from the leadership roles we are called to.
Connect with Catherine:
Women in the Marketplace: https://www.womeninmarketplace.net/
Boldly Conference: https://www.boldlyconference.com/
Catherine Gates is Executive Director for Women in the Marketplace, a national non-profit that equips working women to confidently pursue their faith and career for the glory of God. She is the author of The Confidence Cornerstone: A Woman’s Guide to Fearless Leadership. Catherine has diverse experience in technology and systems development, training, non-profit management, sales coaching and training, writing, and instructional design. She has worked for large corporations to small entrepreneurial endeavors, including owning a small software consulting firm.
Catherine is on the board of Ladies of Grace, a women’s prison ministry, and on the Advisory board of Keirus by KJE, a strategy consulting, leadership development, and technology firm specializing in diversity, equity, and inclusion. She is passionate about helping women achieve more of their God-given potential.